Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Trees--The Connection Between Heaven and Earth

Today, my roommate was playing a Chinese video game called Legend of the Ancient Sword. I asked her what the story plot was. She said:"in the ancient world, Tianzhu collapsed and caused this big chaos, so everyone had to move..."
"Wait wait, what is Tianzhu?"
She rolled and eyes, "Well, tian means sky...and zhu means pillars..."
"No! I don't need you to teach me Chinese! I know Tianzhu means a pillar to the heaven, but what does it mean in specific?" I cut her off.
"Trees! A heaven pillar stands for trees, you know? Those ones we have in front of our aparment?"
Even though my roommate treated me like a three year old, I did all of a sudden realize that the concept of "trees are the connection between heaven and Earth" isn't only used in Greek or western mythologies.
And I also realized I forgot to post something...


And the legend of the Ancient Sword ↓



No comments:

Post a Comment